Skegness Water Leisure Park - Access Statement
The Park is one of the most successful in the area, with over 250 touring and camping pitches with electrical hook up points, over 700 privately
owned holiday caravans. Facilities include toilet & shower blocks, family bar, restaurant, shop and fishing lake. All of these have been designed to facilitate access to as many visitors as possible.
• Bookings can be made by telephone, in person or by email. We intend to make this Access Statement available via the web site, as well as in written form (Per request).
• The Park is midway between Skegness & Ingoldmells.
• The nearest bus stop on the main bus route is 500m away on the A52 (level, tarmac footpath all the way), Ingoldmells 1 mile, Skegness 2 miles.
• Accessible taxis readily available, usually within 10 minutes.
buses are the low threshold type, with raised access kerbs.
• Camp shop at Park Entrance with full range of convenience foods, offlicence, newspapers, fresh bread and milk daily etc. Shop has access ramp.
Bungalow guests can preorder "Welcome Pack" with basic provisions delivered into their bungalow before arrival.
• Nearest mobility scheme shop 3/4 mile towards Skegness, with hire service.
• Radar toilets and bathroom/shower
available on site.
• All facilities have been designed for access to mobility impaired customers. Staff trained (external and inhouse) to cater for guests requiring additional assistance.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Ample carparking at Park Entrance/Reception and all pitches/plots have individual parking spaces
• Staff trained to assist any guest requiring assistance from car to Office
• Drop off point
for all customers is outside Reception
• All roads tarmac, paths concrete and all are level, except Shop, Bar and Restaurant, which have access ramps.
• Speed bumps throughout site
• No barriers on site
Contact telephone numbers displayed externally and in both payphone boxes.
• Dogs are welcome with prior notification, dedicated dogwalk with doggy bins, water bowls provided. Only guide dogs (visual or aural impaired customers)
allowed in Shop, Bar or Restaurant.
• Signage clear and written.
• All roads on Park are flat, level and mainly smooth (some are sprayed and chipped)
• Pitch to Reception distances varies from 30 metres to
1 mile. If close proximity to Office or Toilet/Shower facilities is required, guests are encouraged to request at time of booking.
• All Park roads are well lit at night
Main Entrance & Reception
• Steps have been designed out of facilities and wherever possible, concrete access ramps with handrails have been installed with maximum 1:20 gradient. Reception Office has low door threshold with 50mm step.
• Staff trained
to provide assistance with guests requiring it. Requests can be made to any Staff in any facility.
• Reception Office has seating for 6 persons
• All guests are shown to their pitch or bungalow by member of Staff
• March June & September November, Office manned 8.30 am 5.00 pm 7 days per week.
• Easter, Whitsun, July & August, Office manned 8.00 am 7.00 pm (min.) 7 days per week.
• December February, Office
manned 8.30 am 4.30 pm Mon Fri (inc.)
• 2 Reception desks, one high level for standing customers and one low level for seated customers.
Public Areas General (Internal)
All facilities are at ground floor level
• Reception, Bar & Restaurant have clear patterned shallow pile carpeting
• Toilets & Showers have tiled/concrete floors
• Public telephones have standard BT
payphones fitted, with seating close by
• External lighting is uniform and unobtrusive, Internal lighting is functional (i.e. Office, Toilets & Showers = fluorescent tubes, Bar & Restaurant have ambient spot lights
in seating areas but bright lighting in toilets.
• All signage is designed to be clearly visible.
• Steps have been designed out of facilities and wherever possible, concrete access ramps with handrails have been
installed with maximum 1:20 gradient.
• Baby changing facilities available in Barn Inn toilet
• Dogs are welcome with prior notification, dedicated dogwalk with doggy bins, water bowls provided. Only guide dogs (visual
or aural impaired customers) allowed in Shop, Bar or Restaurant.
• Disabled toilets available in all facilities
Public Areas WC
• Barn Inn, Restaurant, Coffee Shop & Camp Shop adjacent to Reception
& Park Entrance
• Toilets inc. disabled toilet in Barn Inn
• Toilets & Showers adjacent to Park Shop
• All accessed across smooth concrete, level paths or access ramps no steeper than 1:20 gradient.
Additional Toilet & Shower facilities throughout site no camping unit should be more than 200 metres from toilet/shower but reservations closer can be made by those requiring close proximity to toilets/showers.
accessible toilets/showers designed and laid out in excess of spatial requirements of Building Regulations. Floors are nonslip tiled, single leaf pushdoors.
• Toilet furniture in accordance with Part M requirements of
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
• Lighting in all buildings is uniform and bright, except in Barn Inn family room when Acts are on
stage, when lighting is subdued.
• Tables in Bar & Restaurants/Coffee Shop is mixed fixed and moveable, with various table types.
• Menus in 16 font and Staff always available to assist
• Vegetarian options
• Access from Entrance Courtyard, adjacent to Park Office, via ramp with maximum gradient 1:20.
• Table Service for all orders.
• Level floor access in Laundry
1, slight step into Laundry 2
• All machines accessible
• Seating in Laundry 1
• Nonslip concrete floors
• Assistance available on request
• One laundry on camp site, one laundry 50 metres from
• Uniform lighting from fluorescent fittings
• Shop accessed from max. gradient 1:20 concrete ramp, with hand rail
• Solid concrete nonslip floor inside
• All items clearly labelled and priced
• Counter height 1 metre
• Till display illuminated, visible whilst seated
• Lighting uniform and bright
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
• 4 no. w.c. blocks, all heated, with showers and hand basins
• 2 no. RADAR toilets & washrooms
1 no. bathroom
• Numerous waste water disposal points
• Washing up sinks at each toilet block
• Chemical disposal points at each toilet block
• Numerous enclosed refuse points
• All toilet blocks
accessible over roads (some tarmac, some sprayed, chipped and rolled) and over grass.
• All toilet blocks have level access
• All toilet blocks illuminated by fluorescent striplights
• All toilet block floors
• Whole site illuminated by street lighting at night
• All dogs welcome by prior arrangement. Guide dogs welcome in all buildings.
• Signage includes diagrammatical and text
• Park Terrain
all paths & roads level
• Black bags available onsite for refuse, some bins provided but bags do not have to be put in bins as there are daily collections.
• All pitches on level terrain, with ample space for
vehicle parking alongside. 250 electrical hookup points available.
• Barn Inn Bar, Restaurant & Coffee Shop has
clearly marked escape routes, which are both illuminated by emergency lighting and by "glow in the dark" signs.
• All supervisory staff (always at least two on duty) and some casual staff trained as Fire Wardens and inhouse
fire evacuation training frequently carried out.
• Alarm system has both audible and visual indicators (flashing lights)
• Fire Assembly points clearly identified and accessible via level, hard
Park Fire Risk Assessments and Emergency Action Plans among
first to have been approved by Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue.
• Guide Dogs welcome everywhere
• As is now Law, all premises smokefree with outdoor covered
• Half of workforce are trained as Appointed Person First Aiders
• Address: Skegness Water Leisure Park, Walls Lane, Ingoldmells,
Lincolnshire PE25 1JF
Telephone: 01754 899400
• Fax: 01754 897867
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.skegnesswaterleisurepark.co.uk
• Grid reference: TF565668
• Hours of operation: March
November, Park is open 7 days a week.
December February, Park closed to Public
Holiday Bungalows open March December (gas central heating,
well insulated etc)
• Emergency number: 999 & 112
Local carers: List available via Lincolnshire County Council
• Local equipment hire companies: Ask at Park Office for what
equipment is required
• Local public transport numbers: Ask
at Park Office for numbers
• Local accessible taxi numbers: Ask at Park Office for list of numbers
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please
phone 01754 899400 or email email@example.com